Pending Approval Subscription
When you sign up for a new plan that includes sending via our MailPoet Sending Service, our Account Approvals team will need to review your site and information about your subscriber lists to ensure you have a good experience sending with us, and adhere to our Anti-Spam policy. There's more information about the process in our documentation here.
Once you subscribe to a MailPoet sending plan, you'll be presented with three questions to be answered regarding your subscriber lists. If you don't submit your answers right away, then you will see an alert in the header of your MailPoet.com account until you have submitted them:
After submitting the answers, the subscription will be reviewed by our team. You'll receive an email from us once it's been approved (generally within 24-48 hours), or else a request for additional information if necessary. If you still have not heard back after 48 hours, please reach out to us via this form.
What happens while the subscription is pending approval?
Although you can't send to your subscriber lists while the subscription is pending approval, there are a variety of other steps you can take to continue setting things up and trying out the features of the plugin:
- A great first step is to activate your MailPoet key
- Once the key is activated, you can also install the MailPoet Premium plugin (steps 4-6 in the guide linked above). This will be installed alongside the main MailPoet plugin (not in place of it — i.e. they both need to be installed)
- You can try out the email editor and create a newsletter, and send preview emails to authorized email addresses
- If you have existing subscriber lists, you can import subscribers via CSV, or you can migrate subscribers from Mailchimp
- You can try out the form editor and add a MailPoet subscription form to your website. However, while the subscription is still pending approval, new subscribers will see the message below when submitting the form:
You'll soon be able to send once our team reviews your account. In the meantime, you can send previews to your authorized emails.
The subscriber will be added to your MailPoet list as "Unconfirmed" and they won't receive the confirmation email, as the sending is not active yet. However once the subscription is approved, you can simply resend the confirmation email by following the steps listed here. If you want to send emails and have the forms working while the subscription is pending approval, you can select an alternative sending method (Other) in MailPoet > Settings > The Send With Tab.
Aside from the points above, you can also review the main features and configuration options in the plugin as described in our overview documentation here, or you can browse/search our entire knowledgebase for more information.
Subscription is still pending approval after 48 hours: what to do?
- If you received the confirmation email from our team that your subscription has been approved but you're still seeing the message about the pending subscription, please go to the MailPoet > Settings > Key Activation tab and click on the "Verify" button again to update the status of the subscription;
- If you've answered our pre-approval questions in order to get the plan approved and it has not been 48h yet, please be patient and wait for our support team to contact you;
- If you don't see any questions to be answered or if you haven't received any message from us after 48h, please contact our support team via email.