How to Add an Authorized Email Address as the FROM Address
To prevent phishing or email spoofing, the MailPoet Sending Service requires you to use an authorized email as your FROM address. This is to prevent faking an identity, like firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to authorize an email address
- What happens if you don't authorize your email address?
- Free addresses, e.g. email@example.com, are rewritten automatically
- Why do I see the error that my email address is not authorized?
A. How to authorize an address in 3 steps
- Click on the " Authorize your email in your account now" button or simply go to your MailPoet account > My Authorized Emails tab and add the email address you want to use as the FROM address to be authorized to send your newsletters:
- After doing it, check your inbox. You should receive an email with a "Confirm authorization" link to click on and confirm you requested to authorize this email address:
- You're going to be redirected to your MailPoet account and now you're ready to use this email address.
Please note you cannot use a free email address. You should use an address from your website’s domain (i.e: firstname.lastname@example.org).
If for some reason you don't receive this email, please try to remove the email address from the account by clicking on the Trash icon and re-add it. If you still don't receive it, please contact us.
Please make sure you update the authorized email address in our plugin by reading our
Guide To Use An Authorized FROM Email Address.
B. What happens if you don't authorize your email address?
Also, visitors that try to subscribe through your MailPoet subscription forms won't be able to do it, and this message will be displayed:
C. MailPoet rewrites free addresses in the FROM