Instructions to Activate your MailPoet Key
After you have subscribed to any MailPoet plan (either a Premium License or one of the available sending plans from our Sending Service) you will receive an activation key to activate the Premium features and/or the MailPoet sending method.
Here are the steps to validate your MailPoet activation key.
- Make sure you have the latest version of MailPoet installed which is available as a free download: wordpress.org/plugins/mailpoet
- Grab the activation k ey from your account page here account.mailpoet.com/account. Once inside your account's dashboard, click on the "Manage" link and you'll see the key:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard > MailPoet > Settings > Key Activation tab, paste the key in the field, and then "Verify":
- After your key has been validated, the MailPoet Sending Service will be automatically activated and a test email will be sent to you (if the MailPoet Sending Service is included in your plan) and you'll be able to download and install the MailPoet 3 Premium plugin:
Key activation will not work if your website is on a localhost environment, behind a firewall or if you're trying to activate the key for an IP address. Check here other known errors when validating a MailPoet key and how to fix them.
You need to keep both MailPoet 3 and MailPoet 3 Premium plugins installed and activated if you want to have access to the Premium features. If you have only the Premium plugin installed, the MailPoet plugin won't work.
- When clicking on the "Download MailPoet Premium plugin", you'll get a .zip file. Go to your WordPress dashboard > Plugins > Add New and click on the " Upload Plugin" button:
- Upload the .zip file from the MailPoet 3 Premium plugin:
Getting the Premium plugin from your MailPoet 3 account
If you can't download the Premium plugin from the WordPress dashboard > MailPoet > Settings > Key Activation tab for some reason, you'll be able to get the .zip file for the Premium plugin on your MailPoet account account.mailpoet.com/account
Then follow the steps to manually upload it on the WordPress dashboard > Plugins page.
If you need further help, get in touch with us.