How to Create a Pop Up/Slider Form
Adding your subscription form as a pop-up or a slider is definitely a good way to attract new subscribers. Here is how you can do it:
1. Choose the Pop-up block under Form Placement menu on your left pane:
2. Go through each of the Pop-up settings:
- Toggle the Enable option to activate your pop-up form.
- Choose your Form width. You can use either pixels or % to set it up.
- You can choose to Display on all pages or choose just specific ones.
- You can choose to Display on all posts/products or choose specific ones.
- You can choose to Display on posts with these categories or Display on posts with these tags.
- You can Show animation on display of your choice.
- Display with a delay of sets the delay of showing the pop-up on pages/posts.
- If Exit-intent display is enabled, the form will pop up when moving the cursor away from the site's area in your browser on the exact same posts/pages that are selected in your Form's display settings. Note that it only works on desktop, not on mobile. On mobile, the pop-up will appear according to the delay settings.
The slide-in settings are similar to Pop-up:
My Pop-up/Slider doesn't work as expected
In this case, please check the following:
- Pop-up/Slider won't show on listing pages such as Blogs, Shop, Archives, etc.
- Pop-up/Slider won't show on custom posts/pages.
- Pop-up/Slider won't show if you've already dismissed it previously. This information is stored as a `popup_form_dismissed` cookie. Clearing it as well as re-saving your form will make the pop-up appear again.
- If a post is in 2 categories and you have 2 forms (one for each category), one of the forms will be displayed only, and it's a random one.
- Your theme or another plugin can interfere if your form doesn't show up at all. Please refer to the following guide to rule it out as a root cause: How to Test for Theme and Plugin Conflicts.