[FAQ] Post Notifications
1. Which posts are going to be sent when I first create a Post Notification?
When creating a Post Notification, all the posts you see in the editor are going to be sent in the first email.
2. The latest post is shown in the preview, but when the newsletter was sent, it was without the latest post content.
After you've created a Post Notification and the first email has been sent, only newly published posts from that point onwards will be sent. When you go to edit the Post Notification after the first time sending the posts that appear in the newsletter designer are just for illustrative purposes.
3. There’s no post since the last email, will the new email be canceled or send the same content as the previous one?
When there’s no post since the last email, no new email is sent.
4. What happens if Automatic Latest Content is set to display 10 posts but only 5 posts were published?
The newsletter will send 5 posts only.
5. What if Automatic Latest Content is set to display 5 posts but 8 posts were published?
The oldest 3 posts won't be displayed in the newsletter.
6. Why the images from my post aren't showing?
MailPoet uses the featured images from your post if you show excerpts and not full posts. Make sure you select a "Featured Image" when editing your posts.
7. What happens when I update a post?
Updating a post doesn't trigger the Post Notification. If you want to re-send an already published post, you'll need to publish it as a new post.
8. Will protected or private posts show in the Post Notification?
No. Only publicly available posts will show in the post notification which means if you are protecting posts using a user role manager plugin, a membership plugin or the built-in WordPress post status of "private" the post will not show.
9. Will password-protected posts show in the Post Notification?
Yes. Password-protected posts will be included in the Post Notification email with the title and excerpt.
10. What will happen if I publish several posts in a short period?
If a published post has triggered a post notification email to be scheduled, but the email has not been processed and sent yet when a new post is published, then the older posts will not be included in the post notification email if they exceed the number of posts that the email is configured to include. For example, if you have a Post Notification set to include "Max 2 posts", and you publish Post A then publish Post B and Post C one minute later before the queue has run and sent out the Post Notification, then the email will only include Post B and Post C.
When a post is published, MailPoet will check all the active Post Notification emails to see if any meet the criteria (categories, tags) for the published post, and will create a scheduled task if so. It will only create a scheduled task if there's not already one created for that Post Notification. The posts to include are not decided yet at this point. When the scheduled task runs, MailPoet will get the latest posts to include in the email, depending on the number of posts ("Max X posts") configured in the email.