[FAQ] Post Notifications
1. Which posts are going to be sent when I first create a Post Notification?
When creating a Post Notification, all the posts you see in the editor are going to be sent in the first email.
2. The latest post is shown in the preview, but when the newsletter was sent, it was without latest post content.
After you've created a Post Notification and the first email has been sent, only newly published posts from that point onwards will be sent. When you go to edit the Post Notification after the first time sending the posts that appear in the newsletter designer are just for illustrative purposes.
3. There’s no post since the last email, will the new email be cancelled or send the same content as the previous one?
When there’s no post since the last email, no new email is sent.
4. What happens if Automatic Latest Content is set to display 10 posts but only 5 posts were published?
The newsletter will send 5 posts only.
5. What if Automatic Latest Content is set to display 5 posts but 8 posts were published?
The oldest 3 posts won't be displayed in the newsletter.
6. Why the images from my post aren't showing?
MailPoet uses the featured images from your post if you show excerpts and not full posts. Make sure you select a "Featured Image" when editing your posts.
7. What happens when I update a post?
Updating a post doesn't trigger the Post Notification. If you want to re-send an already published post, you'll need to publish it as a new post.
8. Will protected or private posts show in the Post Notification?
No. Only publicly available posts will show in the post notification which means if you are protecting posts using a user role manager plugin, a membership plugin or the built-in WordPress post status of "private" the post will not show.