Reconfirm Subscribers to Your List
This is a standard practice to avoid hard bounces (invalid or unused addresses) and spam complaints to preserve your reputation as a sender. This applies to all lists, even those with just 100 subscribers.
You can send the re-confirmation email from MailPoet using another sending method (especially if MailPoet Sending Service is paused for your account) or from your personal inbox.
When is it necessary?
- You want to start sending newsletters to your contacts for the first time instead of using your personal or professional email account;
- You want to email professional contacts with MailPoet instead of your professional inbox, like customers you've had for several years;
- You want to email your WooCommerce customers for the first time;
- You haven't sent any emails to a mailing list in over a year.
Reconfirm your subscribers from MailPoet
You can design this email in MailPoet and send it to your list, but simply not with the MailPoet Sending Service. It takes just a few minutes to ask your contacts to join your list and confirm that they really want to receive your emails with MailPoet.
Here are the steps you should take:
1. Temporarily change your sending method to "Other"
Instead of MailPoet Sending Service, use your host as the sender by going to the MailPoet > Settings > Send With... tab and selecting "Other".
2. Create a new list
3. Edit your existing Form / Create a new Form
4. Send a newsletter to the old list asking your subscribers to subscribe again
Reconfirm your subscribers from your personal inbox